Sunday, May 16, 2010

John invited anyone in our family to run in the Utah Marathon and this was the group that took him up on it. Before the big race. We did not get much sleep and this is us at 3:30 in the morning, right before we left.

This is us after the race. After we had recovered some. I think we we all pretty excited that we had done it.
This was the relay team minus, Katie's friend McCall. Kai is standing in for her. They only had to run a leg of the marathon, but they ran the whole thing. Their poor feet, I don't think I ever want to run a marathon, maybe a half. I only ran the last eight miles.
These are the half marathon runners. They both did great. Natalie has lots of blisters on her feet. She ran it twenty minutes faster than John and he was quite a bit faster than his last race.
It was really fun to be a part of it. Thanks everyone for encouraging me!! I think I am hooked now.

4 comments:

Dave*Jenn*Amelia said...

good job guys!! I want to be hooked!! Maybe if Em moves here she would get me hooked. I'm so proud!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go!! You guys are awesome! I am so proud of you all. Almost makes me want to run a race, almost!

Cordie said...

Someday I will run a half marathon, that is a promise. Don't hold me to it though. :) Congrats to all you amazing runners. What an accomplishment.

Jennifer said...

Hi Nancy,

Rick and I are very impressed with you and your family with running. We are grateful to go for our daily walk. I haven't looked at your blog for awhile. I enjoyed looking at your pictures. I wish Cordie and Will could of come for a visit but I understand her concerns. I hope you can visit them soon.